Re: [edict-jmdict] JMdict-based Kindle dictionaries.

> Amazon's rules are at https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200672390
> and are pretty clear that they don't allow books based on a non-exclusive
> source such as JMdict. It's all quite silly, but I'm not sure what we can
> do about it.

I guess it is to prevent hundreds of copies of the same content clogging
up their system, and confusing users (*).

Judging by those guidelines, people are still allowed to publish an
alternative if the content is significantly differentiated.

Maybe the solution is for you/Monash to publish the definitive (and
free, obviously) kindle version of JMDict.

Darren

*: There may be some security aspect? E.g. claiming you are the public
domain version of Mein Kampf, getting some 5-star reviews, but then
subtly altering it to fill it with lots of nonsense about the evil of
coal and global warming.