Re: [edict-jmdict] About entries containing "with negative"

>I think we are in agreement that this "conversation" is unproductive and need not be continued.

The only reason that this conversation is unproductive, is because it is _not happening._
If you were to explain, if you actually bothered to make your case, rather than simply declaring it to be right...
We can't have a back and forth, if you refuse to explain or make arguments/counterarguments.
I have made several arguments, pointed out problems with your arguments (the only one or two, you've bothered to make)...
And you reply with...
Pretty much nothing. You have not addressed any of it.

>You criticize me of not explaining anything, and then simply assert simply that "with neg. verb" is not the same as ...ない without explanation

I don't need to. It is clearly not the same. That is a fact.
You claim that it is equivalent.
An assertion you make, without any kind of basis, whatsoever.

>I assume you realize that the "with neg. verb" refers to a Japanese verb in negative form (i.e., ~ない) and not an English verb in negative form.

As I have already, EXTENSIVELY, gone over that, multiple times (not to mention that there is no such thing, as "an English verb in negative form"), I can only assume that your question is either a sign that you have not bothered to read anything I've written, or that you are just plain being dishonest.
So...
which is it?

>As I said, it's possible that "the [with neg. verb] note could be improved" because you seem to be misinterpreting it

I am not misinterpreting it.
I am interpreting it correctly.
In the ONLY way that those words could logically/rationally be interpreted.
You are the one who is misinterpreting it.
Note:
What matters is what you've written.
Not what you _intended_ to write.
The meaning that comes _from the words._
Not the meaning that _was intended._

>and therefore it's possible it could use some improvement; however, unless I missed it, you have given no indication of how you would do so.

I clearly have.
First, by using the actual meaning of the words (e.i. the non-negated meanings)
...and then, by noting Robin's solution of using things like "(not) X", and saying how that is even better.
I have presented one improvement, and noted second one.
You claim that I haven't shown any indication of a single one.
Again:
Have you not bothered to read anything I've written, or are you just being a troll?

/Alan