Re: [edict-jmdict] About entries containing "with negative"

I tried looking at the mailing lists homepage, and it appears that the mails are shown there, and without any issues, so as long as what I send, doesn't come out as gibberish (and it hasn't, so far), things should work out fine

To answer what you said:
>Consider how you'd translate these lines of dialogue:
>
>「いっさい!」

Can you show an example of that being said?
I don't know that I've ever encountered it, but then I'm far from a master of the language, as yet, so it may just be ignorance.

More importantly, when words are dropped, because the listener/reader should be able to understand what words are "supposed to be there", without them explicitly being stated, the omitted words are still (implicitly) part of the sentence.

For example:
"Zettai!" (絶対!) could mean
"boku ha zettai sou shimasu" (I'll definitely do that/I'll definitely do it like that)
"aitsu ha zettai kimi wo korosanai" (he/she will definitely not kill you)
or countless other things, depending on the context.

This does not mean  that the word "zettai" means all those things, but that the complete sentence, _including_ the omitted words, when translated _as a whole_, mean those things.
Zettai, by itself, just means "definitely"/"absolutely", in each and every one of those examples.
Hence that is the only meaning that is relevant, when looking at what the word "zettai" means.

/Alan