New top kanji forms for numbers

Hi everybody,

I noticed recently a bunch of entries for numbers have been getting updated with a new top kanji form using the full-width arabic numeral representation. For example, the top kanji form for  is now 100.

I’m not necessarily against this change, but I was curious to hear the reason for it.  I’m not completely sure if as a Japanese learner you looked up ひゃく or “one hundred” in a dictionary, you’d want to see 100 as the primary form, I’m guessing you’d want to see 百? Of course, if 100 is truly more common, then maybe that’s the appropriate form to show, I’m not sure. Just wanted to bring it up for discussion.

Also, in the above case the 百 form is still marked with the [ichi1,news1,nf01] tags, which I believe is supposed to indicate that that’s the most common form. But the 100 entry is the first one in the list. So it seems slightly ambiguous to me which is being indicated as the most common form.

Chris